Thursday, October 23, 2014
New York – Sixteen local nonprofits, serving needy people around the country, will receive nearly $100,000 in grants from the QBE Foundation.
The foundation awards grants four times a year to nonprofits that provide healthcare, educational, vocational and other services to adults and children. The organizations exemplify QBE’s commitment to supporting groups that help people live more independently, successfully and productively.
“Our employees nominate their favorite charities, and we consider those nominations when we select the nonprofits for grants,” says Nia Jones, manager of the QBE Foundation. “This is our way of giving back to the communities where our employees live and work.”
The following organizations received grants for the third quarter of 2014:
- Metro Care Ring - Denver, Colo.
- John Tracy Clinic - Los Angeles, Calif.
- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy - Hackensack, N.J.
- Camp Dream Foundation - Dallas, Ga.
- C.A.R.D.S Closet - Sun Prairie, Wis.
- Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities, Inc. - Atlanta, Ga.
- Latino Justice - New York, N.Y.
- Backpack Beginnings - Greensboro, N.C.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Greater Dane County - Madison, Wis.
- Global Brigades USA - Fresno, Calif.
- Junior Achievement of Northern New England - Waltham, Mass.
- Island Harvest Food Bank - Long Island, N.Y.
- The Spencer Educational Foundation - New York, N.Y.
- Federated Foundation Big Brothers Big Sisters of Minnesota - Owatonna, Minn.
- Whitford Charitable Fund (The Chester County Community Foundation) - West Chester, Pa.
- St. Joseph’s University - Philadelphia, Pa.
Since its formation in 2011, the QBE Foundation has given away more than $3.3million to eligible charities in North America. In addition to community-based charities, the Foundation provides financial support to organizations with a national footprint and groups that provide assistance following a natural disaster.
QBE North America is part of QBE Insurance Group Limited, one of the largest insurers and reinsurers worldwide. QBE NA reported Gross Written Premiums in 2013 of $5.855 billion. QBE Insurance Group’s 2013 results can be found at qbena.com. Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, QBE operates out of 43 countries around the globe, with a presence in every key insurance market. The North America division, headquartered in New York, conducts business through its property and casualty insurance subsidiaries. QBE insurance companies are rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best and “A+” by Standard & Poor’s